Thursday, December 13, 2007

 

Bingo, classic game offers life lessons

http://www.uticaod.com/lifestyles/fusion/x1908590062 The Observer-Dispatch

Funny piece about Bingo
By CASSAUNDRA BABER

I had my lucky pickle, “Big Papa,” in a bag by my side and my fuchsia, vending-machine BINGO dabber ready to pounce.

B-9. I just needed a B-9.

I pursed my lips, ready, forming the B to yell Bingo. I looked to my new friends Shirley Harrington, Al and Flo Bishop and Theresa Butterfield. They looked at me with an encouraging nod and smiled.

“N-32,” the announcer called in an even-toned, non-emotive drone, as if she didn’t care one bit that she was ruining my Bingo game.

“N-32.”
“BINGO!!!!” With an agile leap (for a senior citizen) the winner of my Bingo took the prize.

In an instant, I decided I hated Bingo

TwitThis

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?