Monday, April 07, 2008

 

God's Under the Bed

Cooking Lessons ~ Personal Lessons I have taken the time to learn ~ Cooking with Gas!

God's Under the Bed (Author Unknown)

My brother Kevin thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night. He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped outside his closed door to listen.
"Are you there, God?" he said. "Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed." I giggled softly and tiptoed off to my own room.

Kevin's unique perspectives are often a source of amusement. But that night something else lingered long after the humor. I realized for the first time the very different world Kevin lives in. He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor.

TwitThis

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?